Besides just trying something new with my tat presentations, I recently had an interesting conversation with  a tourist on my way to buy tat supplies after bein' spotted posting a "spoken word" symbol. Usually, I'm pretty good about being inconspicuous when "posting" up, but this one time, I heard out of no where, "I saw that. Shame on you." Granted, I was prepared with an explanation about it's social significance, and that it meant personal expression, yada, yada. Although, it was sicere, she didn't look like she was buyin' it. So I found myself caught in a bit of a grey area (as many artists are) in regard to what art is, isn't or should be. The facts of the situation were: it was a door that was already littered with other stickers, marker tags and flyers, I've seen the owner see someone "posting", as well as it being a tattoo(which many consider art) supply store.

Now I say grey area, but it was two. the first was, "Did I have permission?" The other was, "Is it art?" Well, that's a whole other blog, but after she and I amicably decided to agree to disagree. In closing she said, "I doubt you would deface your work." Of course having graduated from the hard knocks school of graf, I had to be true to my roots, and "keep it 100." For those that may be culturally challenged, it's the new phrase that replaced "keepin' it real."

 So, Mrs. Schnibleberg (more than likely I spelled it wrong) this one's for you. Of course she probably, wouldn't know the Internet from a hair net, but just in case.

Tell me what you think.

For more info on this symbol check the link: http://sky759.blogspot.com/2010/09/testing-testing.html
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

                     
        
  
   

ww

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic