On Stage with The Roots


As some of you may know from last weeks posts on Instagram for those following me, that the Roots were in town performing at Studio Square's Beer Garden in Long Island City, Queens. It was my first time there for a performance and was pleasantly surprised at all the open space yet intimate surroundings making for easy access to the stage. Knowing at least that much, I launched a plan the night before to create a piece of art in honor of them and somehow get close enough to present it to them, with the possibility of chopping' it up with them as I had once upon a time in my open mic days) after the set.

Unfortunately after staying up all night completing the project and with a heavy appointment load the next day, I wasn't able to stay for the whole set. However, I was able to get back stage, with the assistance of some understanding, 3 times my size, security staff members who seemed eager to help me complete my mission.

So, there I was waiting with the piece held high, for Black Thought's (the lead vocalist/MC) attention.
As he sipped water at the top of the stage stairs, he glance over and I saw the excitement in his face as he motioned for me to hand to him on stage. And the rest is in the slideshow pics. Check it!

Slide Show




Black Thought receiving the painting, "Illadelph"

                     

Black Thought on stage in front of the piece.



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

                     
        
  
   

ww

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic